The Norden Guide to Burning Candles
We’ve devoted a lot of time and attention to the production and craft of our candles — so we want to make sure your candle lives its best life. Below are a few quick tips on how to get the best out of your candle. Still want to know more? Have a question? Reach out to us at email@example.com!
Here are a few tips and tricks to make sure you get the most out of your burn time:
- Light your candle: It doesn’t matter how you do it, but we love the beautiful, creative options available from Tetra.
- Let it burn: The first time you use your Norden candle is really important. We recommend letting the wax pool spread to the edge of the vessel — so that your candle will burn evenly on each consecutive use. An easy to remember rule of thumb is that it should take up to 1 hour per 1" of candle diameter for the wax to reach the edge. Be patient!
- Trim the wick: Throughout the use of your candle, trim the wick to a quarter inch to ensure a smoke-free, clean burn.
- Keep it calm: Make sure to keep your candle out of drafts or cold places. The cold and wind will cause the candle to burn unevenly. Optimal burning conditions are a calm, protected indoor space at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blow it out: Don’t burn your candle for over four hours. You actually can have too much of a good thing, and over burning your candle can cause the wick to become unstable and the flame to become too large. Plus your candle won't last as long over the course of its life.
- Reuse and recycle: Don’t forget to repurpose your Norden candle as a cup, vase or decorative object. After the candle is finished, simply remove the wick and then wash the container out with hot water and soap. Our ceramic and glass candles are dishwasher and food safe — and are intended to be reused once the candle is long gone.